Nosler CT Bullets (Combined Technologies)

MontanaRifleman

Has, or is anyomne shooting theses. Essentially they appear to be basically the same as a Ballistic Tip bullet except for the lubalox coating and a slighter thicker jacket.

Nosler - Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, Brass, and Reloading Data.

Cost appears to be about the same as the ballistic tips.

I am looking at them for shooting in a 25-06. I am looking at the 115's which look like they might be a good antelope/deer/varmit bullet with a good BC of .453 for that size bullet.

-MR

Has, or is anyomne shooting theses. Essentially they appear to be basically the same as a Ballistic Tip bullet except for the lubalox coating and a slighter thicker jacket.

Nosler - Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, Brass, and Reloading Data.

Cost appears to be about the same as the ballistic tips.

I am looking at them for shooting in a 25-06. I am looking at the 115's which look like they might be a good antelope/deer/varmit bullet with a good BC of .453 for that size bullet.

-MR

MR
Sounds like the .25-06 and the Nosler Silver Ballistic Tip should be a real go getter on deer and such.
I have been using the Nos. 140 CT in a .280 Rem. for the last 3 years and have had excellent results on whitetails and a couple yotes that made the mistake of trying to cross a crop field area we were hunting. The shots were all under 300yds. I have not been able to tell any difference with the lubalox as far as copper fouling goes in this paticular rifle.
I don't know what would happen if these bullets were used at magnum velocities at close range but I would think they would perform better at longer ranges.
Good luck on that load in your .25-06

They don't have a thicker jacket, the only difference is the lubalox coating vs the naked bullet.

I'd go with the naked ones and saved yourself a few bucks per 50.

I'm shooting the 168 grain nosler CT ballistic tips due to the increase in BC over the 165 grain naked ones. They are also very accurate, something about the 3 grain difference trumps the lighter 165 grain ones in my barrel/rifle.

I tried some 140gr. in 7mm years ago. Shot an antelope at 220 yards. When we cleaned the antelope we discovered the bullet had fragmented so badly that it looks as if it had been shot with a shotgun. Switched to partitions and never looked back.