Nosler Brass

1100 Remington Man

I went looking for Brass for my 264 Win Mag W-W Brass is around $ 40.00. Today at the Gun shop Nosler Brass for .264 Win Mag $ 80.00 is it really worth it at twice the cost ?

I buy seconds. It's chaeaper & still good brass for folks who handload, but aren't as finnicky as F class, or bench rest comp shooters. My latest build has never had anything but Nosler "seconds" loaded, & fired out of it. I'll stay the coarse. It's good, but I wouldn't pay what they want for firsts.
I think Norma makes Nosler's brass. So far I'm pleased with mine, but even at "seconds" prices I wonder sometimes. I keep going back to Nosler tho, cause All the prep work is done, & it's ready to load & fireform. So I only have to do case prep after fireforming, not before & after.
Plus thier QC is pretty tight. Even Noslers "seconds" are tighter tolerances & better than a some companies firsts.
Still, it's A LOT of $ to spend for case prep, & decent brass. They darn near charge Lapua prices for firsts.

Don't know if that $80 was for 50 or 100 but midway has the 50 count for $54.49 Expensive no matter how you cut it.

Yes, it is, if your the type to sort your brass for consistency like me and want to save time.

When I sort through win or rem brass I end up thowing alot of it away. Nosler I don't.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.