Nosler Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by 1100 Remington Man, Aug 21, 2012.

1. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

I went looking for Brass for my 264 Win Mag W-W Brass is around $ 40.00. Today at the Gun shop Nosler Brass for .264 Win Mag $ 80.00 is it really worth it at twice the cost ?

2. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

I buy seconds. It's chaeaper & still good brass for folks who handload, but aren't as finnicky as F class, or bench rest comp shooters. My latest build has never had anything but Nosler "seconds" loaded, & fired out of it. I'll stay the coarse. It's good, but I wouldn't pay what they want for firsts.
    I think Norma makes Nosler's brass. So far I'm pleased with mine, but even at "seconds" prices I wonder sometimes. I keep going back to Nosler tho, cause All the prep work is done, & it's ready to load & fireform. So I only have to do case prep after fireforming, not before & after.
    Plus thier QC is pretty tight. Even Noslers "seconds" are tighter tolerances & better than a some companies firsts.
    Still, it's A LOT of $ to spend for case prep, & decent brass. They darn near charge Lapua prices for firsts.

3. scoutm

scoutm Well-Known Member

Don't know if that $80 was for 50 or 100 but midway has the 50 count for $54.49 Expensive no matter how you cut it.

4. chucknbach

chucknbach Well-Known Member

Yes, it is, if your the type to sort your brass for consistency like me and want to save time.

When I sort through win or rem brass I end up thowing alot of it away. Nosler I don't.

5. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

The Nosler was for $80.00 for 50 at the local gunshop. Thanks for the replies.