Nosler Brass cosmetic seconds good brass?

sambo3006

Has anyone bought any of the Nosler factory second brass with "cosmetic blemishes"? I could live with brass that wasn't perfectly pretty as long as it was just as good otherwise as their firsts. Also, I see they come in quantities of 50 sorted for weight. Would it be better to just work with 50 or if I bought 100 pieces could I expect them to be similar/interchangeable? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam

Sam,

The Nosler first brass is weight sorted, the seconds is not sorted. Good question on box to box weight consistancy. Give Kyle Hopp at Shooters Pro Shop a call at 800 285 3701 and ask him. Kyle is a good guy and will give you the straight scoop.

JD338

The brass is good, but it seems to vary by caliber and chance as to how good the brass is. I have a couple bags of the 300 WM brass, and it is fantastic! The .243 brass I have used is also top notch. I loaded up some .280 Rem with Nosler brass, and it was the worst I have used from the seconds. They had a lot of dings and cosmetic flaws that the other calibers I have used did not contain. Still very good brass.

I talked to Shawn at Shooters Pro Shop and he said what JD338 said, that the seconds are not sorted for weight. I want to have 100 pieces of similar brass. I think I will go with 100 pieces of Remington (300RUM) brass from the same lot # rather than take my chances with the Nosler seconds. My pocket isn't deep enough right now for 100 pc of the Nosler firsts. Thanks for the input guys.

[ QUOTE ]
How deep do they have to be??? I get $45 and some change for 50 of the Nosler.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with you Bill, but I am on a tight budget due to a baby coming and I have had good luck with Remington brass. I can get 100 pc locally for about $10 more with no shipping. $30 saved here and there on this project can add up to a couple hundred bucks, translation the difference in having the rifle or not. I'm not scrimping on the barrel (Rock Creek) or the gunsmithing (Kirby Allen).

Do you offer brass or other reloading supplies on your website? Didn't see it when I clicked the link.

I completely understand the baby situation. You'll soon find that money is not the only thing you'll be strapped for. Those little buggers sure to require alot of time as well!!! All of it time well spent I might add.

Neither one of the links is my website. Just some buddies of mine. The company I work for is working on a website though. Hopefully I'll have it linked up sometime this spring!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts