NOSLER ACCUBONDS at 1000 yards on goats.

Fiftydriver,
Yes, you are right. I have had the barrel borescoped and I was horrified by the "dry lakebed" that made up the first 1/2" of my throught. I have also had to move my bullets closer and closer to the lands to maintain velocity and accuracy. In fact, I had to hog out more room in my Browning box magazine to accomodate my ever increasing B.S.D.! I will someday rebarrel when none of the tricks in the bag work anymore, but not right now. But when I do, you can have the job if my current gunsmith doesn't find out! I like to have as much experience with gunsmiths as I can!

[ 09-23-2004: Message edited by: goodgrouper ]

[ 09-24-2004: Message edited by: goodgrouper ]

Well from the response here accubond is the way to go in my 300 rum. Ordered some 200's for my elk hunt in Oct.
tongue.gif
Will let all know how we do and how the bullets hold up

I must say i'm having great results with 200gr ABs in my Browning A-Bolt 300 win mag.,I'm getting tight cloverleafs at 100 yards at 2962fps. I'll be using these for everything from Whitetail to Bear to Elk. I'm trying to get 180 accubonds to shoot in a 700 rem .308win with a 20", 1 in 10 barrel. Tried h4895 with marginal results. Tomorrow I'm trying Varget powder but most of my test rounds are VERY compressed to get them to fit the magizine .... any comments?

Skidly , I have had my best results in a short barreled 308 (22")with IMR-4064 and
H-4350
The H-4350 makes for a compressed load pretty good but the IMR-4064 still has a bit of case left to fill before you start seeing pressure , or at least in my gun it did.

BE CAREFULL with highly compressed loads , I had worked up some loads at the range that were packed tight and shot realy well , when I got home I loaded up 200 and set aside till the next week , when I tried to chamber them they were tight as all hell to close the bolt as the powder had pushed the bullet out a little bit.

JD, the varget didn't work out any suitable groups with the 180 Accubonds either, I guess now I wil try the Imr-4064. I want to stay with the 180 AB, Two factory loads that performed in this rifle were Federal Gold Medal match grade 168gr bthp at 2610fps, and Federal Premium 180gr High Energy Nosler Partitions at 2740fps

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.