Nosler 280 AI Brass Available!

That's true. But I talked to bruno shooters supply and there
$54 a box instead of $61 for midway and $66 on noslers site. I have had great customer service from bruno. You can order the brass from them starting today.

Thanks for the tip. Bruno's was showing out of stock but when I called them they said they could order it from Nosler. So I canceled my order with Midway and placed it with Bruno's. He is only a few miles down the road from where I live.

I know there has been several people here trying to get their hands on 280 AI brass, so place your order while you can.

this is my second time working with bruno and i have talked to amy bruno about 3 times and i feel they are a little smaller operation but have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. i asked when they might be getting the 180gr hunting vlds in and she was like "i have been all over berger to send us some but they wont have any till next year. i like that there honest about things. i got 3 boxes how about you? oh and i bought some 168gr bergers and they were like $7 cheaper a box than midway. other than powder and stuff im going to be using bruno. unless anyone knows anyone better?

I have some Nosler 280 AI brass I bought quite a while ago right after it first was available. I really like it! I get great results. I used to fireform Rem brass but the Nosler saves the wear on your barrel and is all close to the same weight and pretty much ready to load. I am getting great accuracy with the Nosler brass, win LR primers, H4831sc, and Nosler 140 Accubonds.

I must have got lucky. I was in Bruno's a couple weeks ago and they had 180 G Bergers in stock. I couldn't believe it so I bought 500 rounds! They hadn't even had time to put them on the website yet. Keep checking.

Casing,
Have you by chance worked up a load with 180 g Bergers & H4831sc? I should be getting my gun in a couple of weeks.

Casing,
Have you by chance worked up a load with 180 g Bergers & H4831sc? I should be getting my gun in a couple of weeks.

No, All I have loaded has been 140 grain bullets. Kenny Jarrett barrelled my action and his recommendation was with 140 and 150 grain bullets. And I could try 160. For my shooting and hunting the 140 grain has been so good and VERY accurate I like shooting it. My most accurate 140 grain Accubond loads use H4831sc with 59 grains and then skip 62.5. The 59 grain load is a nice mild recoil with 3 shots in 3/8'' at 100 yds. Velocity is around 2950. The 62.5 gets around 3100 fps and is around 1/2'' at 100 yds. I can get higher velocity with RL22 but I do not like the temp sensivity of this powder. Velocity can run up to 3250 and the recoil is quite stiff............ The groups can be better with a benchrest shooter doing the shooting, I'm just a hunter who tries for the best accuracy from an average shooter.

What do you guys make of this? I am thinking of buying a Savage prefit barrel in .280AI. Should I be concerned by this if I buy Nosler brass?

QUOTE: "Bottom line for anyone who now works with the 280 Ackley Improved you must decide which version of the chamber you will use; the SAAMI or the Ackley; you cannot safely use the Nosler brass in a traditional Ackley chamber, although it would still be safe to fire form factory ammo in a SAAMI/Nosler chamber."

280 Ackley Improved Alert « GunsmithTalk

My friend who turned me onto the 280 AI has put over 3000 rounds through his rifle using Nosler 280 AI brass and hasn't had any problems. I'm a newbe with zero experience being as this is my first custom build so I'm going to step back and listen to the input given by others here.

Super...right after I turned what was going to be a 280AI build into a 7Rem Mag because I had looked for brass for so long with no success.

Ahh well, just burn a little more powder and barrel up.

I must have got lucky. I was in Bruno's a couple weeks ago and they had 180 G Bergers in stock. I couldn't believe it so I bought 500 rounds! They hadn't even had time to put them on the website yet. Keep checking.

hey jeffwhip,
whats the chance of you selling me a box of the 180's? since i gave you the heads up on the brass? just askin man:D

i got my nosler 280 AI brass and other stuff from bruno's today and i felt like a kid in the candy store. the brass was the only thing on this new build i was worried about. i got 3 boxes and i hope i got enough! cant wait to try some of the 168gr berger vld's i got also. wait i need the gun from the gunsmith first:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts