Nosler 280 Ackley brass costs??????????

Nosler lists a box of 50 for $75.00 and 280 brass for $51.00.
WTH?????????????????????? Really?

Randy

Yea, kinda makes you wonder if that new shoulder and a little extra powder is worth the hassle. As it turned out for me, the answer is no, thus I will have my new custom 280 this summer some time. I kicked that AI thought back and forth for years now and decided it just wasn't worth it to me.

I know that I can get them cheaper at other suppliers but for the life of me, I just can't see what they would be that much more.
The cost of brass just kills me anyway..................

Randy

Well Nosler is charging you for total case prep and because 280AI is not a "standard" caliber, they only make runs periodically, thus you get to pay more.

I wound up buying Norma 280 brass for my new rifle. I paid $112 for 100 pieces and just received it last week.

I called Sinclair and it was going to be $58-25 325 WSM, FOR A FEW BUCKS MORE I can just get them loaded in same brass.

Why not just fireform your own? You can buy already loaded 280 ammo fire it in your AI chamber and have brass. I use the Nosler brass as I got a screaming deal when I was in Idaho a few years back but when I first started loading for my AI I used whatever 280 Rem. brass to form for my AI never had any issues as long as you keep it to one mfg. as the diffrent mfgs. vary in wall thickness. the 280 AI is a standard caliber now but just like everything else in our sport they charge what the market will bare!Just look at past history primers & powder for example as I understand about the metal prices going up but not what they are charging so I wonder what would happen if we stopped purchasing for a while? Just my .02

Shooters Pro Shop has Nosler 280 brass (factory seconds) for $21.95/50. That's what I bought for fireforming in my 280 AI.

I also spotted an ad from Midsouth Shooters Supply - they are closing out their Norma ammo and they've got the 280 ammo for $20.44/box of 20. That's probably even cheaper than buying brass, bullets, powder and primers for fireform loads... 280 Rem 150 Grain Oryx 20 ct | MidsouthShootersSupply.com

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.