Northwest Arkansas Long Range Shooting

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by LapuaMile, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LapuaMile

LapuaMile Member

I live in the Northwest Arkansas area, and unfortunately I can't find any good places to shoot at great distance.

Fortunately, my .338 Lapua is set to arrive this week, but unfortunately I only have a 100 yard range at my disposal. If I drive 1.5 hours to Fort Smith there is a 300 yard range. That said, I'd really enjoy getting together with a group of guys in the area and reach out an touch some metal at 600+ yards.

Are there any groups of folks that have land at their disposal and like to get together to shoot and tell tall tales of hunting and marksmanship?

2. RMulhern

RMulhern Well-Known Member

Sorry to say....me thinks you're SOL!!

That's 'thutty-thutty' country!!:cool:

3. azsugarbear

azsugarbear Well-Known Member

4. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Lapuamile,

I live in north central Arkansas near Heber Springs and Searcy. You are welcome to come out and shoot with me anytime. It is probably about a 3+ hour drive for you depending on where you are at......... but I do have a 1000 yard gong set up and can shoot to 1235 yards from my bench. It is a long drive to do some shooting, but the offer is open. Just shoot me a PM sometime if you want to come out.

5. jrwhite37

jrwhite37 New Member

Good afternoon, I live in Rogers and we have Long Range Classes in Huntsville, Ar. We have 1000+ yards of steel targets and several Unknown Distance Ranges to shoot. We felt the same way about NW Ar, so we started these courses, love shooting out there! We plan to start semi-annual or quarterly competitions out there soon as well. Contact us on facebook or email: DRLONGRANGECONCEPTS@gmail.com & Long Range Precision Shooting Group on FB. Stay safe !

6. LapuaMile

LapuaMile Member

1,000 yards that close to Fayetteville sounds fantastic.

Please let me know the next time people get together to shoot.

Thanks.

7. ratakeith88

ratakeith88 New Member

there's one in lincoln ar hes got steal every 100 yards up to 1000 yards !! its call waldrop shooting range and opens one day a month from 8 am to 4pm need some info text me at 479 616 31 84 will give you the info

8. Razorbacksniper

Razorbacksniper New Member

You still have this set up? I would love to come shoot if your looking for some extra $$

9. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

PM coming at'cha.