North Dakota Residents your input please(non hunting related)

joshua99ta

I was just wondering how you guys feel about the latest oilfield boom in North Dakota. I know there are lots of out of state people comming in to work up there.

I work in the oilfield in the Gulf of Mexico, and I fly out of Louisiana. Many of the LA locals don't care for out of state people comming to their state to work.
I was wondering if any of you guys feel the same.

We feel exactly the same. It feels like the Country has dumped a pile of crap on ND with all of the people that have come here. The crime rate has risen quite a bit. I used to consider that area of the state God's Country sadly that is no longer the case. The traffic is awful, and they are putting oil rigs up on prime hunting country.

I have coyote hunted in the Williston/ Ray/ Wildrose area, for the last 10 years, except 2011.

Since 2008 the climate for hunting started going downhill.

In 2010 I had had it with the increase in traffic, people, and attitude.
Once accommodating landowners now look at people with a little more skepticism.

I don't blame them If I spent my whole life there and now had to deal with the huge influx of people, and traffic. This boom made the last one look like chump change.

Were thinking about going out in 2012 but a bit further east.

You ask a question that made me think a bit before answering! ND is normally a peaceful quiet and generally pretty darned friendly state, I have liked it for many years. I will not say that its because of the oil industry that things are changing (AND THEY ARE) I think its just peoples lack of respect towards almost everything it seems. I have hunting privileges on 5000 acres of land in the central part of the state primarily for water fowl and deer, I am also in charge of posting everything but at the bottom my signs used to say "without Permission", 10 years ago I would give some folks permission to hunt but we would go through the rules and they followed them and all was good. Over the years that has totally changed my last straw was a group from Indiana asked and I talked to them and thought it would be OK all they wanted was ducks. My main #1 rule is NO HUNTING ON THE WATER, you cannot be closer than 400 yds to any water bodies if your going to shoot, they all agreed and off they went. I was going out posting and drove by them and just about lost it because they were shooting ducks ON THE WATER, not even letting then fly! I drove out to them and by the time I got there I was so ****ed off I could hardly even spit, I told them to gather up all their **** and you have 5 minutes to get off my land! There had been a few of these idiots over the past couple years but that ended letting anybody hunt any of my land the automatic answer is NO and NO discussion!
None of this was the fault of the oil industry BUT with that said I think everybody is a lot more wary of out of state license plates, it seems they nothing good comes with them!
Sorry for the bad news

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.