Norma Brass--338 Lapua

philny1

I have 20 brand new Norma cases, that I cannot prime. This is a new one on me. I cannot exert enough pressure with a RCBS Rockchucker press to seat a primer.
Didn't want to pay the price for 100 Lapua cases until I am sure this rifle will shoot. Plus I counldn't locate the Lapua cases. Norma brass can be bought 20 at a time. Actually the Norma brass was hard to find. Got it from Huntington, $47.96 for 20 cases.
Anybody have a similiar experience???

[ QUOTE ]
Plus I counldn't locate the Lapua cases. Norma brass can be bought 20 at a time. Actually the Norma brass was hard to find. Got it from Huntington, $47.96 for 20 cases.
Anybody have a similiar experience???

[/ QUOTE ]

Brunno Supply has the Lapua case's for $1.48 each which is considerable less than what you gave for the Norma Brass and much better Quality IMHO.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/m...ategory_Code=7L

Just tried again,this time a primer did start but I cannot not seat it. Unbeleiveable.
Ok, been using the reamer sorta trial and error got em primed.
Have some new Rem, Wby cases pocket mike .208 same as the Norma brass, they prime no problem.
Been having one of those days, grass growing, lawn tractor decided to self destruct!!! it was just fime when put away for the winter, how can it just sit there and break!!! Local repair guy's charge is probaby similiar to major surgery!! Kinda came down to the loading bench to get away from it all!!

Do they have them??? Tried all over a few weeks back everyone was backordered. Had a hard time getting the Norma cases. I'll give them a try.
Thanks

Measure the diameter of the primer pockets.

Personally, I would say forget about the Norma cases and order some Lapua. Strength wise, there is no comparision and consistancy wise they are both about the same, the Norma will not take near the pressure that the Lapua case will.

Down the road, even if the Lapua brand costs more, it will last longer for you so you will save money.

Just my opinion,

Kirby Allen(50)

Not a need for fresh gas, started fine. Like I said self destruct, the elec clutch sheared it mounting bolts and went airbourne. A $400.00 part, plus about $69.00 per hour to install it. Cub Cadet, this is only the third season on it.
Would much rather spend the $$ on something I can shoot.

[ QUOTE ]
Would much rather spend the $$ on something I can shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can shoot the lawnmower! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Go Kubota!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.