Norma 6.5mm 130 golden match for hunting

ZSteinle

Curious if anyone has checked these for consistent expansion or any thoughts in general on using the Norma 130's out of a 6.5x284 for hunting.

Hi

The norma 130 gr. bullet is one of the best designed bullets for 6.5 mm as it has real high BC ( G1 .575 )and G7 form factor of .905

I have shoot a graylag goose with it at rough 400 yards and it went straigh through and it had no meat damage. I think this bullet performs like Scenar og MK bullets in regards to hunting

i noted the BC that litz has published in his book and couldnt believe it to be true shorter than a berger 130 vld but a better BC and at a much cheaper price so i ordered 500 for a soon to be 6.5x284 on a savage target action. plan on using them for deer and goats. Thanks for the input

Hi!

The 130g Golden match from norma that you referr to is also called Diamond Line when coated with moly. It is a very common bullet for long range shooting here in Sweden. It is a very good bullet when hunting smaller animals since it doesn´t ruin the meat. Just one hole in a one out, not much of expansion to talk about. I wouldn´t recommend it for hunting deer or other animals of the same size.

Regards
Robert.M, Sweden

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.