Norma 6.5mm 130 golden match for hunting

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ZSteinle, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone has checked these for consistent expansion or any thoughts in general on using the Norma 130's out of a 6.5x284 for hunting.

2. maggragg

maggragg Active Member

Hi

The norma 130 gr. bullet is one of the best designed bullets for 6.5 mm as it has real high BC ( G1 .575 )and G7 form factor of .905

I have shoot a graylag goose with it at rough 400 yards and it went straigh through and it had no meat damage. I think this bullet performs like Scenar og MK bullets in regards to hunting

3. ZSteinle

i noted the BC that litz has published in his book and couldnt believe it to be true shorter than a berger 130 vld but a better BC and at a much cheaper price so i ordered 500 for a soon to be 6.5x284 on a savage target action. plan on using them for deer and goats. Thanks for the input

4. ZSteinle

anyone?

5. Robert.M

Robert.M Member

Hi!

The 130g Golden match from norma that you referr to is also called Diamond Line when coated with moly. It is a very common bullet for long range shooting here in Sweden. It is a very good bullet when hunting smaller animals since it doesn´t ruin the meat. Just one hole in a one out, not much of expansion to talk about. I wouldn´t recommend it for hunting deer or other animals of the same size.

Regards
    Robert.M, Sweden

6. ZSteinle

Thanks for the input!