Node...please explain

Get the "Dope the Wind " vidio. It has a wealth of info for the beginning long range shooter!
icon7.gif

Get the "Dope the Wind " vidio. It has a wealth of info for the beginning long range shooter!
icon7.gif
If you are referring to the new How To Dope The Wind Beyond Belief video from The Best Of The West crew I have it. If there are others out their I would love to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!

If you are referring to the new How To Dope The Wind Beyond Belief video from The Best Of The West crew I have it. If there are others out their I would love to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!

Shawn Carlock has some good videos, I think they are available at the "gear shop" on this site or from Defensive Edge.

As a self taught LR shooter (with a lot still to learn) the most valuable resources for me have been this site, a book on handloading by Glen Zediker, and Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting by Bryan Litz. I have a pile of other books that are good, but these are the ones that stand out. Get the book on handloading by Zediker, if you are ever going to be a consistent LR shooter you are going to have to learn to do "precision" handloading (unless you shoot for the military competition teams and have access to unlimited quantities of match grade ammo:D).

Shawn Carlock has some good videos, I think they are available at the "gear shop" on this site or from Defensive Edge.

As a self taught LR shooter (with a lot still to learn) the most valuable resources for me have been this site, a book on handloading by Glen Zediker, and Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting by Bryan Litz. I have a pile of other books that are good, but these are the ones that stand out. Get the book on handloading by Zediker, if you are ever going to be a consistent LR shooter you are going to have to learn to do "precision" handloading (unless you shoot for the military competition teams and have access to unlimited quantities of match grade ammo:D).
Thanks, I've been eyeing those videos and books. A friend of mine also suggested I read Zediker's book. I've learned a great deal from this site already and just can't get enough!

As soon as you think you have arrived someone gives you some insight as to how to improve.

Another shooter once told me "I sight all my guns in at 1000 yards" I then asked him what kind of rifles he was shooting to which he replied " I'm a Winchester man" that conversation ended quickly.

Stick around, you will never stop learning.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.