no coyote license for Wyomng?

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by tactical creek, Sep 27, 2011.

1. tactical creek

tactical creek Member

Is that correct? I cant find anything on there fish and game sight.

no license? no season? no limit? Recently have moved here, trying to stay above the law.

Tac Creek

2. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Yes it's true-feels strange doesn't it. I keep thinking sell me a small game license or something just so the judge can see I tried to do it legal.

3. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

I( believe prairie dogs are on the same status.

4. outwest1

outwest1 Active Member

nope, no licence at all for coyotes. where did you just move from + what part of wy you in?

5. Magnumitis

Magnumitis Well-Known Member

Nope.. no license, no nothin'. Gotta love Wyo.

6. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Ill be there on the 30th of October for a whitetail/mule deer hunt. Im bringing along a Foxpro FX5 to see if I can stir something up! I can not wait!

7. 300 ultra

300 ultra Well-Known Member

what about Foxes and Badgers. I never shoot them in wyoming because I dont know if you need a fur bearers licenses or not.

8. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

No license for foxes but badgers require fur bearers license.

9. 300 ultra

300 ultra Well-Known Member

thanks..

10. tactical creek

tactical creek Member

thanks!!

Wish I knew of some guys around here to help me out and learn the terrain

11. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

Wyoming is just about wide open. Just make sure you stay off Indian land. When I moved to Wyoming I was lost. However, I checked with the Game and Fish and bought topo maps of the surrounding areas. Also, found tons of places by just fixing a couple of sandwiches and driving around. As winter sets in MAKE sure you are equipped to hunker up for the night if you should get stuck or breakdown. I hunted a bunch of Sublette county but, man there are some wide open spaces down in the Southwestern part of the state. Good Luck.

12. Alaska_Seth

Alaska_Seth Well-Known Member

Absolutely do not shoot or get caught about to shoot any furbearers, badgers are tempting because of how often they are whacked during prairie dog hunts.

My parents live in Casper, and I was down there about 2 years ago with dad out to whack some prairie dogs.

We were down by Seminoe and on a big piece of BLM when a Warden pulled up and started talking to us. He had just given some Minnesota residents a several thousand dollar fine for the 3 badgers they had whacked in their truck.

Not 100% sure but I think they lost that years hunting licenses as well. It's been a couple years.

Nonresident Trapping license is $400.