Nikon Monarch X

MTNRaine

Im lookin for a scope for my rig and was wonderin if any of u have had experience with the new nikon monarch x. Things im lookin for are glass, reliabilty, repeatability in windage and elevatin changes, and ruggedness. also if you have any other scopes that u feel are adequate and in the 1100 and under range let me know your opinion.
Thanx,
Cameron

I have a 4x16 50mm mil dot I bought in January from the Optic zone for $860.00. That was the best price I could find @ the time. I mounted it briefly ( 3 days ) and shot a little. Glass seemed to be pretty good at least as good as a VXIII, and repeatability was fine. It's not a nightforce but I think it is worth the money I paid for it. Hope that answers your question.

Mike

thanks for your input is there any other scopes out there that are in the $1200 and under range that anyone would reccommend?

I have a 4x16 50mm mil dot

I have the same. It's on my .308 now, and works quite well. At least as good as the Meopta, or the older Leupold VX-III. Much brighter and crisper than the Sightron or the VX-II.

Repeatability is very good, very solid and accurate clicks. Reliability has been good, but I only have 200 rounds with it so far, so that's still "n/a".

If I were in the market for another, I'd go for it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.