Nikon Monarch 1200 RF

I have tested the Nikon against the Bushnell 1500 and I personally think the Nikon performed better then the Bushnell. It ranged out farther, has better optics and I like the size and shape better than the Bushnell. But that is just me!

I've got the old 800 nikon buckmaster, and my dad has the newer monarch 800. They both work out to 800 yards on good days. Meaning no bright sun, and no open desert. If your using it in the mountains I've had them range out to 900 yards on elk and rocks. Just sometimes when its bright and sunny and a flat wheatfield for that coyote, it doeesn't go farther then 500. That ****es me off. I"m sure the monarch 1200 is better then the bushnell 1500 as well. I wouldn't buy the bushnell. For the money, the monarch 1200 does not seem bad at all. I have had no problems with our nikon 800's as far as mechanically anyways.

i have the 800 just like Rem. I have had no problems with it. It ranges well and I can usually pick up deer out 6-700 yards. I too would take the nikon over the bushnell.

I just played with the bushnell 1500, nikon 1200, and the leica 900 outside at sportsmens, it was close but, I will be buying the nikon 1200 very clear and super fast readings,I was ranging the limbs on a tree at 1125 yd.
I guess this would be non- reflect. ? the bushnell would range it also but it took about 4 times as long to get a reading,as for leica,over rated,over priced,poor display on a sunny day, (My 2 cents)

Thanks guys,for all your replies,great information. I had a Leica LR900 scan but found I couldn't read the faint red display on the bright snow,or grass,turned out I have a red/green color issue with my eyes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Can you guys tell me if the Nikon readouts are in black or red or??.Also do the readouts have a back light for low light conditions?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.