Nikon is now offering Ballistic Match Technology Turrets

Bman940

I have chatted with a lot of you about Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Match Technology Program, well now we have it so you can custom order your turrets to match your Nikon Scope, cal, bullet weight and MV.Lots of choices to make this system specific for your needs.
Check it out at Nikonhunting.com

Bart,

They announced them at the SHOT show in January; are they finally now available or have they been available since January?

Patrick

Yes Patrick, It's time ! Good things come to those who wait . I'm planning on getting a an Elevation Turret for my .257 WbyMag.
Thus far I have heard nothing but good things and the amount you can customize this Turret is going to be very much appreciated I believe.
Thanks again for the support and patience.

I purchased a custom elevation turret for my Nikon 4-16X42 SF on a Browning .270 WSM BLR (Set for Hornady GMX 130 gr., w/2900 fps mv). I was dismayed that it came with no instructions on how to replace the factory elevation turret that came with the scope. I searched the web to find documentation and could find nothing. The "1 minute tutorial" on the Nikon site will not run on my computer for some reason. Can anyone direct me to any documentation on how to set this thing up? I don't know if it's as easy as taking the old turret off and slapping the new one on or if there is some sort of setup that needs to happen before pulling the old one off. Any help would be appreciated.

R., I am checking on an answer for you.Getting a custom turret is still on my list of things to do so I can't tell you exactly how to do it. As soon as I get an answer I will let you know.
Bart

Thanks Win, you are correct and great link to changing out the turret.
Let us know how it all goes. I have had a dozen guy's ask me about the Custom Turret's since Jan. 1. Hopefully they will chime in as well .

Bman, I am looking on putting a 5 x 20 x 50 mm on a target rifle of mine. I have a question for you. Why does the interior MOA adjustment lessen in these higher magnification scopes? I am kind of concerned of running out of adjustment after I zero the rifle.

Win, It is all related to the increased magnification which decreases the field of view and decreases MOA adjustment of higher magnifcation scopes.
I have not heard of anyone running out of elevation adjustment on Nikon's higher magnification scopes such as the MONARCH 8-32.

Bman,
I just bought a Monarch 4-16X42 for my .223, the scope came with the short turrets. My question is if I order the Ballistic Match turrets, do I have to go with the short ones or can I order the tall ones? will I need anything else to convert to the tall Ballistic Match turrets?
Thanks Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.