Nikon is now offering Ballistic Match Technology Turrets

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Bman940, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Bman940

Bman940 Well-Known Member

I have chatted with a lot of you about Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Match Technology Program, well now we have it so you can custom order your turrets to match your Nikon Scope, cal, bullet weight and MV.Lots of choices to make this system specific for your needs.
    Check it out at Nikonhunting.com

2. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

Bart,

They announced them at the SHOT show in January; are they finally now available or have they been available since January?

Patrick

3. Bman940

Yes Patrick, It's time ! Good things come to those who wait . I'm planning on getting a an Elevation Turret for my .257 WbyMag.
    Thus far I have heard nothing but good things and the amount you can customize this Turret is going to be very much appreciated I believe.
    Thanks again for the support and patience.

4. Remmy260

Remmy260 Member

Has anyone tried these yet?

5. rexti

rexti New Member

I purchased a custom elevation turret for my Nikon 4-16X42 SF on a Browning .270 WSM BLR (Set for Hornady GMX 130 gr., w/2900 fps mv). I was dismayed that it came with no instructions on how to replace the factory elevation turret that came with the scope. I searched the web to find documentation and could find nothing. The "1 minute tutorial" on the Nikon site will not run on my computer for some reason. Can anyone direct me to any documentation on how to set this thing up? I don't know if it's as easy as taking the old turret off and slapping the new one on or if there is some sort of setup that needs to happen before pulling the old one off. Any help would be appreciated.

6. Bman940

R., I am checking on an answer for you.Getting a custom turret is still on my list of things to do so I can't tell you exactly how to do it. As soon as I get an answer I will let you know.
    Bart

7. Win42

Win42 Member

If you get on Nikons Website and look up the scope that you have and go the Specifications. You will see a Manual icon, click on that and it gives you everything you need to know about your scope. It also includes how to replaces the turrets in one section.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/uploads/pdfs/Monarch_RS_Manual.pdf

This is the manual for the 4x16x42 nikoplex scope.

8. Bman940

Thanks Win, you are correct and great link to changing out the turret.
    Let us know how it all goes. I have had a dozen guy's ask me about the Custom Turret's since Jan. 1. Hopefully they will chime in as well .

9. rexti

rexti New Member

Thanks, Win42. Your reply was very helpful.

10. Win42

Win42 Member

Bman, I am looking on putting a 5 x 20 x 50 mm on a target rifle of mine. I have a question for you. Why does the interior MOA adjustment lessen in these higher magnification scopes? I am kind of concerned of running out of adjustment after I zero the rifle.

11. Bman940

Win, It is all related to the increased magnification which decreases the field of view and decreases MOA adjustment of higher magnifcation scopes.
    I have not heard of anyone running out of elevation adjustment on Nikon's higher magnification scopes such as the MONARCH 8-32.

12. JMshooter

JMshooter Well-Known Member

Bman,
    I just bought a Monarch 4-16X42 for my .223, the scope came with the short turrets. My question is if I order the Ballistic Match turrets, do I have to go with the short ones or can I order the tall ones? will I need anything else to convert to the tall Ballistic Match turrets?
    Thanks Jason

13. Bman940

You can order the tall Turret with no problem on installation.

14. JMshooter

JMshooter Well-Known Member

Bman,
    will it come with the longer screws and covers? or do I have to order them seperatly?
    thanks