Nightforce UNIMOUNT , Farrell rail

airstream

Having trouble deciding on a 20moa rail with nightforce rings, or the 20moa unimount and straight rail.I want to keep my scope as low to the rifle as I can. Surley both in 20Moa would be to much (40moa)correct?

Farrell offers the rail with a flat spot in the middle, making it a very atractive rail, will the UNIMOUNT fit this rail , not beeing sloted all the way across?

Both the 20 moa rail and the 20 moa unimount would be too much unless you are shooting waaaaaaaay out there. You probably would not be able to get a "0" less than 400 or 500 yards. Stick with one or the other at 20 moa, not both.

I would think the unimount would fit on the Ken Farrell rail, but not sure. I have a Farrell rail on my muzzeloader built on a rem action. It is good base, no problems there. However, I prefer a rail with slots the full length as I often use the ones toward the center to mount things like a level and / or angle cosine indicator. Those type of things can be mounted on the scope as well, so the center slots are not necessary....... comes down to personal preference.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.