Nightforce Software Questions?

Elk Chaser

In the Nightforce software, is there any way to go from using a G1 B.C. to a G7? I'm just wondering if it would make my drops closer to the data I've collected in the field. So far the program has me shooting about 3/4 MOA high at nearly all the distances I've shot. Or should I assume a possible chronograph error and maybe my bullets are going faster than I think?

You should be able to go do a data evaluation, I know exbal will (same program). Enter your real world data and it should readjust on that to get you DOBA. You can also play with the imputs for velocity and bc to get your results to match the read outs. All these programs take some playing with, so just keep tinkering with it.

I have never had a lot of luck with a chrony being spot on. I let the NF program pick the velocity that matches the drops and the BC of the bullet. The fianl results are much better for me.

Jeff gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.