Nightforce service

RDM416

I sent one of my NF NXS 5.5-22X56's in to have the new high speed (20moa/turn) turrets with zero stop installed. I just got it back yesterday, just a day or 2 over 2 weeks including shipping both ways! Good service does still exist.:)

I called for a price and they told me $300. They said if you ever use a zero stop, it is hard to do with out it.

The price was $320 for the HST and zero stop. I bought a new scope several months ago with the HST and zero stop and it is just great. I have several other NF scopes so now I am sending them in one at a time over the next year or so. The zero stop is great as you never have to worry about getting a revolution off. I like the HST the most. With 20 moa of adjustment per revolution I can get to 1000 yards with only one turn on my favorite rifles.

Question about the HST's. please. OK, so with the conventional NF 10 moa turret it is easy for me to count by 10's. In example if I needed 37 moa.. "10, 20, 30 then to 7 " So with the new 20 moa turret I take it it would go like this, 1 revolution to 20 then to 17 ?? I have been counting in 10's for so long I worry it could get a bit confusing. Plus I am like you, if you change one ya better change em all to match. I ave thought of trying the new HST but not sure I would be gaining anything.

Have you ever felt it could get you a little confused in the heat of the moment?

Also are the numbers smaller and lines on the turret smaller than the old 10 moa's.

Are the clicks as firm and as easy to define as the old turrets?

Thanks

Jeff

Gosh Im confused too.... I have an old NF 5-22x56 with NPR ret. I would love to have zero stops ... but I think ill keep my tens. 20 would be like teaching the garbage disposal to take out the trash.... are the zero stops just washers that stop the dial from going down any further ? how do you re-mount and zero the scope when it goes back on the rifle ? Im not sure how POI would change after zero stops are put in and you re zero on paper ? gosh i am confused...

Dusty, the zero stop is a clutch mechanism that you loosen until you have your scope zeroed at whatever distance you choose. Then once zeroed you rotate it till it stops and tighten it down. It is a great system and works very well.

Jeff

That makes much more sence to me... That way it could be used on other rifles and bullet weights, B.C. ect.... thanx. Ill be boxing mine up and going to town..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.