Nightforce reticules

I have three NXS scopes. The first one I purchased was in a 5.5X22X56 with the NP-R2 reticle. The second one I bought was the 5.5X22X50 in the NP-R2 reticle. My last and favorite of the three is a 5.5X22X50 in the NP-R1 reticle and ZeroStop.
Here's why. First, I feel I made a major mistake in buying the 56mm Objective lens as it requires substantually higher mounts for what little increase in light you gain. It is also more difficult to fit in a case and is just plain bulky. If I was shooting a 50 cal. then it would probably be OK.
I bought the second one in the NP-R2 because the NP-R1 wasn't out at that time.
I love the 5.5X22X50 with the NP-R1 and ZeroStop due to the one MOA hash marks. This allows you to make an immediate adjustment for shooting wild game. As I use my rifles for long range hunting, that is why I like the MOA over MIL, as I can get faster target aquisition if a animal starts moving on me or the wind picks up quickly.
If I was a bench shooter I would probably prefer the MIL. I have shot both types extensively, just not in Nightforce.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.