Nightforce Rails are Cheap on Midway

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by slickyboyboo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo Well-Known Member

Midway has alot of thier Nightforce MOA rails for both long and short action Rem 700s on sale right now for $50.

2. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

EGW's are $39.95......

3. highridge1

highridge1 Well-Known Member

Nightforce is a higher quality base than a egw. Night force is a steel base, that is a heck of a deal on those nightforce bases!

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Thank You!! slickyboyboo, I just grabbed two. That is a smokin deal. I got a 10 moa and a 15 moa. for Long action 700's. The rails on sale are 8 x 40 screws but that is no biggy, I can make that mod with ease and it will be a better set up after.

As far as comparing to EGW, not even in the same league.

Jeff

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

"As far as comparing to EGW, not even in the same league."

What do all you people think a rail is for? I thought it was to mount a scope on...not use as a wrecking bar in house demolition.

Dont be carried away with the "NightForce fad" that seems to be sweeping so many people...there ARE other products just as good if not better. And BTW...EGW makes BOTH an AL rail and a Chrome Moly rail...you take your choice Egw also has a better selection of MOA choices...thus I picked the 15 MOA instead of 20 or even 30 MOA

6. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Buy rails that require 8 x 40 screws for a reciever that uses something else...slick move!.......:rolleyes:

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. Sometimes it is a good move as on older actions the threads get weak. So it is a good idea to retap them to the #8 screws. Also many smiths prefer to go one size larger for a few reasons. But I won't explain as you simply are sold that cheaper is best. I have had both EGW and NF rails. I know what I want. Bring your shit and lets do some shooting sometime. How about we start at a mile?

You tried to crash this thread when someone was simply doing the kind act of pointing out a deal to others.

Wow, what is becoming of this site?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo Well-Known Member

Sully2,

The Nightforce has an integrated recoil lug in the base, and they are also offered in many different MOA elevations.

9. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

You are right. Do not get me wrong I own some EGW bases but not even close

10. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Kinda silly to have the #6 screws on a hard recoiling magnum with a big heavy scope anyhow. Sooner or later that's likely to lead to disaster.

11. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Your incorrect in most of the things you have implied.

12. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Broz, its not the site its SULLY2 that is the problem, look at his past posts he thinks he knows everything but in actuality knows very little judging by his posts.

Sully2 as stated above the intregal recoil lug is a huge benefit, and if you knew much you would know that a lot of guys out there dont even mess with the factory #6 holes they go straight up to the #8 bigger is better, I would think EVEN YOU could wrap your mind around the fact that anything you can do to make your scope mounting platform more solid IS a good thing. which means the NF or Badger or TPS base with an intrigal recoil lug and bigger screw are extra insurance. for $50 ill upsize all my base screws. If you dont want to take Broz up on his offer you could come shoot against my sister and my 338 instead if you feel that would better your chances...

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

OK Fine, so will you take my challenge and join me in some friendly long range shooting? Just to see if your cheap base will out shoot my over priced base with too large of screws holding it on?

Or was your intent and sole purpose simply to troll and be an uninformed expert on rail bases at Walmart prices?

I hope we can meet up, but I am not sure where you are located since you didn't fill out your profile. But you know where I am friend, so like I said bring your best stick with an EGW base and lets burn some long range powder.

Jeff :D gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Your range finder probably will not reach the first target. But being the nice guy I am, I will let you borrow my over priced one.

14. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Where did anyone state they have said "hard recoiling magnum"??