Nightforce question

1hornhunter

Guys, I am looking to possibly get a NF 3.5-15x50 with zero stop in the NP-R1 or the NP-R2 reticle. I see these are illuminated reticles. If the illumination is off, are crosshairs black? Or do they go away like some of the dot scopes? I have looked for answers to this question and either I am not seeing the answer or it's not there. Thanks in advance
1hornhunter

Guys, I am looking to possibly get a NF 3.5-15x50 with zero stop in the NP-R1 or the NP-R2 reticle. I see these are illuminated reticles. If the illumination is off, are crosshairs black? Or do they go away like some of the dot scopes? I have looked for answers to this question and either I am not seeing the answer or it's not there. Thanks in advance
1hornhunter

I was shooting one this morning. They are black like a conventional reticle until illuminated, then if in a dark or low light environment they are red.

Jeff

Broz thank you, that's all I needed to know...... Now I'm gonna be out a few more thousand. Man this gets expensive!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.