Nightforce Question

zgardner

I have an oppurtunity to get a brand new Nightforce NXS 5.5x22 with zerostop at a great price and I would like to get your opinion on a few things.

1- 50mm or 56mm- Reasons behind both (I know this subject has been beat to death) Just trying to make the best call.
2- What rings and bases?

This scope would be origanlly mounted on a 257 wby and then end up on a 6.5 or 7mag at some point.

Is it worth putting a 20MOA base on the Weatherby rifle?

1- 50mm or 56mm- Reasons behind both (I know this subject has been beat to death) Just trying to make the best call.

Personal preference. On a hunting rig I would go with the 50mm personally just for weight and balance.

2- What rings and bases?
Again personal preference, but I would go with the Talley Picatinny Rail (flat) andGriffin Armament Scope Rings. I ran the rough ballistics and it'll take you 20moa to get you out to 1k (based off of a 110gr accubond). The scope has 100 moa worth of total elevation travel so you shouldn't need a 20moa base.

Is it worth putting a 20MOA base on the Weatherby rifle?
Based on the ballistics i see in x-bal.....nope....not with that scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.