NIGHTFORCE OPTICS

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Sendero_Man, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Got a Nightforce 3.5-15 NXS off of Ebay. I don't like the reticle, what can I do ?

thanks from the newbie

2. hoghound

hoghound Well-Known Member

Well, theres a couple of things you can do. If it's a 50mm and the price is right, you can sale it to me, or send it to N/F and have the reticle changed out for about $125.00 or $150.00, can't remember which.

Tim

3. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Sendero,
    Nightforce has a nice assortment of reticles for their scopes. I particularly like the NPR-2 which has two minute hash marks on the reticles or the finer NPR-1 which has one minute hash marks. You might also consider mildots but I believe the R-2's and R-1's are better for hunting.

Good luck with your gear and welcome to Long Range Hunting!

4. Sendero_Man

It is a 56... I got it for $800.00.... I am only guy that bid on it. he had it listed real weird.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, do I contact NF or send to a dealer ?

5. Sendero_Man

Tell me about the R2 vs. R1

sounds like R1 is busier... how is it at night ?

6. jeffbird

jeffbird Well-Known Member

The R2 and R1 appear the same just smaller hash marks. The R1 also has a 5MOA box on the end of the reticle which is nice. Had the R2 and changed them over to the R1 and glad I did so. Send it directly to NF for the reticle change. I did mine last fall and it was $120. Call them for the current price. Turnaround time was 2 - 3 weeks which seemed pretty reasonable to me and a great value.

7. Sendero_Man

what do you use yours for ? Is it to busy at night ? I would imagine it is easier to use for hold overs than dialing in....

thanks

8. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

9. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member