nightforce nxs?

I put a NXS 5.5-22x50 NP-R1 ZS HST on my R700 338 Lapua almost 2 years ago and here is my opinion so far.

Pros

-Built like a tank
-Turret adjustments are 100% all of the time
-Glass is good but not great. IMO Zeiss ( I don't own one but have looked through a few ) has the best glass, but then again I have old eyes!!

Cons

-Long, bulky and heavy, but this is why it is a tank
-Reticles available - I was 100% happy with the NP-R1 reticle until I tried a Horus H58 and there is no comparison. I hope NF jumps on this bandwagon ( only one model so far ) and starts offering more Horus reticles and when they do I will sell my current NXS and buy one. I just ordered a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44 with Tremor2 reticle for a .308 and I can't wait to put it through its paces.

All that being said NF scopes are excellent and highly recommended!!

My Nightforce is great, but it is not in the same class as my Schmidt Bender. Looking at the same hillside with the scopes set to the same magnification it is hard to believe it is the same view. The detail that shows in the Schmidt has to be seen to believe.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.