Nightforce NXS ????

dean253

Hey fellas, I have two Nightforce NXS scopes. I went to buy some butler creek scope covers for them & they don't seem to have the objective cover for either scope. They did have the ocular cover though, but that doesn't help with out the objective. The first scope is a 5.5-22x56mm & the second is a 3.5-15x50mm. They had a objective cover for both that was the exact same diameter of my objectives. Then they had one that was just a touch to big for the 50mm objective. I guess my question is what do you guys use? Or is there a way to stretch these to be able to use them? I don't mind using the bikini cover on my 5.5-22x56 cause it is on a competition gun, but I will be using the 3.5-15x50 in the field & don't want to use the bikini cover. Thanks for you help. Dean-o

Dean-o, for the NXS 3.5-15x50 I use Butler Creek #43 on the Obj. and #18 on the Ocular. They both fit well but you will have to offset the Ocular flip-up because it rotates with power changes. Regards, Daj

I gave up on flip-ups and now use the ScopeCoat. They make a model to fit the NXS and I prefer them to flip-ups now. Much better protection. Only hassle you need to take them off and store them when in the field, I just shove into my pack. Also gives great protection when storing the rifle.
I have used all of the scope protectors available - ScopeCoat gives the best protection from rain, dust and bumps.
Just got one of the new magnetic flipups from Leupold, have not used it in the field tho.
Ian

Dean-O, the Butler Creek Scope cover you need for your 5.5x22x56mm NXS is the #51-OBJ. That's what I use on all three of my NXS 56mm scopes. Let me know if you need any help.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.