Nightforce made in Japan?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by HH .338, Jan 6, 2004.

1. HH .338

HH .338 Active Member

Good day. I ordered my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 with the R2 reticle from Wolftactial.com. Got here today and when I checked it out it looks fine and man is it ever huge! Only thing I noticed is that is has Made in Japan stamped on it. I thought that Nightforce scopes where all made in USA? Can anyone shed any light on this? Are they all made in Japan?

later

2. STL_Shooter

STL_Shooter Well-Known Member

I believe the story is that parts are sourced from Japan and maybe elsewhere and assembled in Idaho.

3. Darryl Cassel

Darryl Cassel Well-Known Member

HH338

The last time I talked with a dealer of NF here in PA, his answer to that question was, the scope is made and assembled in Japan.

The reticule changes are made in Idaho from what he said.

This was about 1 year ago.

Maybe things have changed?

I would think that if the scope was made or assembled here, it would be stamped, made in the USA.

Later
    DC [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nate Haler

Nate Haler Well-Known Member

5. Jake in NC

Jake in NC Well-Known Member

But of course.. Some do not mind a little "white lie" about it.. Hehehe.. From Sh&%$hane's site.. JiNC d:^)

Made in USA.??

6. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

I dont care where they are made or assembled. They are still a kick a?! scope.

7. HH .338

HH .338 Active Member

Thank you for the info guys. Can't wait to mount it.

8. Fergus Bailey

Fergus Bailey Well-Known Member

The components are made in Japan, but the final assembly is in the USA.

Fergus

9. Big John

Big John Member

I don't think you can have a 100% American made anything anymore. Nor do I think it is unpatriotic to purchase any product that best suits your needs in a global economy. Buy it because it meets your requirements, and assess it by how well it performs.

The only negative reports I've heard about Nightforce is that the illuminated reticle models are awkward to adjust, and a lot of disappointment that they don't make first focal plane models.