nightforce/ leupold mark4

krake22002

I just got my Cooper Phoenix 6.5x284. Im going to hand load 140gr vld. Im looking to shot out to 1000 yards and hunt 800 yards for deer and elk. Im looking to get a nice scope.I really wanted to get a nightforce 5-22x50. Around 1600-1900 $or a Leopold mark4 with m1 dials 6.5-20x50 around 1400$ Is the nightforce worth the extra money. And I have something that can get me around 40% off all leupold products.. im New to this so anything would help thank you

mk4, with a tmr rectical if the price is right. the nxs is a more user frendly unit than the mk4's
even when you have both it's a hard choice

With the discount you have, I would STRONGLY suggest you look at the MK4 M5-A. 6.5-20x50, Mil/Mil, auto locking turret, 34mm tube, FFP- TMR, zero stop w/rev counter. They are running $2200-$2400 right now & with your 40% you $1300-$1500 for the baddest Leupold on the market right now.

If not, go NightForce. I have one of the MK4 TMR M1's, it IS a great scope, but MOA adjustments & Mil reticles are just.... well, dumb.

Attachments

• leupy.jpg
    leupy.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 62
Thank you guys for all the info. Im liking that mark4 m5 I will have to read up more on it. And is there any other scopes I should be looking at? At not wanting to spend over 1800ish thanks for all the help

I bought a brand new Mark 4 / TMR once. Opened the box played with the turrets and put it back in the box and sold it. Might be a great scope, but the feel of the turrets and click detents were so cheap feeling compared to my other Nighforce NXS's I knew I would never be happy with it. Plus I have had a few bad Lupy's (VX3's) so I will put my vote for the 5.5~22x50 NXS in .25 MOA with a NPR1 reticle. Hard to beat.

Jeff

I have a Mark4, TMR, MIL,and I like it alot. It is on my lr pack gun and I wanted weight down, it is 22 oz. which was important to me.It is in your price range and w/ discount would be a great deal. I also really like FFP.

Thanks for all the info. Have another scope in mind also. How are the huskemaw blue diamond 5-20 .I was talking to best of the west. They are saying its two times the scope as the mark4? Anyone use this scope?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.