Nightforce G7 5-22 NXS or Vortex 5-20 razor HD

guncrzy

Was dead set on getting a nightforce until I was able to compare them side by side now I am not sure what to get. I LOVE the razors EBR 2b reticle and it has FFP.....those of you that have used both which do you prefer and why? My only concern with vortex is their reliabilty/durability vs the nightforce. Thanks.

Ive never used the Nightforce G7, but I usto use a 5.5-22x56 nsx. I sold it and bought a Razor. The only reason I did that was to gain FFP. After I got the Razor I like everything about it better. I am pretty rough on mine and Ive never had the first issue with it in about 18 months, and 1000 rds.

Was dead set on getting a nightforce until I was able to compare them side by side now I am not sure what to get. I LOVE the razors EBR 2b reticle and it has FFP.....those of you that have used both which do you prefer and why? My only concern with vortex is their reliabilty/durability vs the nightforce. Thanks.

I was also dead set a on a Nightforce.... then looked at the Razor side by side. read up on the Razor, looked at it again. Now I own it.

Vortex warranty is awesome as is Nightforce, but its a lifetime instead of 10 years. I also read the time of repair is long for the Nightforce and Vortex often sends a new scope....

I don't think you will go wrong with either, I was able to get the Razor for <$1600 new with a 20% off coupon from Gander Mountain (shipped directly from Vortex). I was shocked the coupon was honored... so Gander got other business from me....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.