Nightforce -- BEAST

Discussion in 'Optics For Sale' started by etisll40, Jan 18, 2013.

1. etisll40

etisll40 Well-Known Member

Has anyone made the big investment in this scope. It looks like the ultimate. I'm considering getting one.

Experiences

Opinions

Thanks for sharing...

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding the BEAST would be released at a later date. That was what I got from talking with NF.

Jeff

3. etisll40

Thanks Broz, I was reading about it and thought about now it would be here. What I read was quite impressive, from incredible glass to light transmission, mag range, clarity and of course durability. Sounds like a one of a kind even with a 3000+ price tag.

It sounds impressive, I can't wait to here field reports.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I think April / May was what they are saying for release as they have a Mil contract to fill first.

Jeff

5. TH

TH Well-Known Member

I saw them at the shot show. The scope reminds me of buying a new computer program it's looks great but you have to learn how to use it. Lots of buttons and gadgets. Before the shot show I sold 4 of my NSX scopes to get ready to purchase the new beast scopes. After seeing the beast I'm going to buy the atrac scopes.

6. etisll40

atrac huh? Why, what did you see that you liked, about it and maybe disliked about the BEAST?

7. Chase Curtis

Chase Curtis Official LRH Sponsor

I also saw them at SHOT... Im going the S&B route

8. TH

TH Well-Known Member

The turrets are huge. They travel in .5 moa clicks to go .25 click you have to flip a lever to fine tune. The turrets lock. To adjust the turret you have to push a button in to turn the turrets. I just feel there is too much going on. I'm sure it would be fine once you learn how to use it.

9. etisll40

Did Horus have anything new at the show? S&B? were they there too?

10. TH

TH Well-Known Member

Horus had some new reticles out. I did not stop by s&b

11. Chase Curtis

Chase Curtis Official LRH Sponsor

SB has a new 3-27x56 in the police line this combined with the new zeiss hd5 conquest in 5-25x50... My bases are covered.. Im getting out of the NFs

12. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

After reading about the BEAST and seeing some videos on YouTube, it just seems like a scope that's trying to be too many things to too many people.

13. Steyr Luxus

Steyr Luxus Well-Known Member

For the 3000+ $$$ if thats what you want to spend, you might want to consider the Daon Optical March-FX 5x-40x56mm for around the same $$$$. They also have a 5 year warranty.

14. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Google shotshow 2013 and watch the videos.The beast has 4 ret. options.The turret has a lock feature,and a high speed and low adjust that looked simple to me.You dont have to lock it.The windage has a push button lock that they might change.NF site shows the reticles