Nightforce ballistics capable pocket PC

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Midgetsniper, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Midgetsniper

Midgetsniper Well-Known Member

Im wonderin if u guys know of a pocket pc that will run nightforce ballistics program, that wont break the bank i would really like to find out my options in this area:), even though ill probably still have to just buy the PC software and lug my laptop around.:( any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx
    Midget

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. Forester

Forester Well-Known Member

It does not take a very advanced pocket PC to run Exbal...I use a HP Ipaq and it works well. You can get an Ipaq from $185 to whatever you want to spend. The big difference is how much memory and how fast the machine is. I would (as usual it seems) buy the best you can afford. I use mine with a bluetooth GPS and it can double as a navigation system too.

3. Midgetsniper

Midgetsniper Well-Known Member

Thanx forester. anyone else? this is one of those big decisions for me cause im just a kid so my amount of money i have to work with isn't that much.:(So i would really appreciate it if i could get everyones input:cool:

4. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

Midget
    Not trying to hijack this, (if I am just shoot me) but I have been looking on *bay at the Dell X30's. there are two versions one with a 312 processor and one with a 624. Will the 312 get the job done or do I need the 624?
    Or should I just get off my ass and call Nightforce?
    Dave

5. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Sent you a pm.

6. gbp

gbp Well-Known Member

try looking at smart phones that run windows mobile. i know they are not really cheep but there are some out there that do well in dual service

7. long ranger

long ranger Well-Known Member

NF makes the program for Palm as well. You can get cheap Palm pilots that work well or as I have done, a Palm cell phone

8. WWB

WWB <b>SPONSOR</b>

Which Pocket PC?

Pocket PC's for sale on Ebay pocket pc, PDAs Pocket PCs, Cell Phone PDA Accessories items on eBay.com

The Batteries will go quickly; they are not water tight or shock proof. But they do work very well.

A PDA Palm OS was originally designed NOT to run third party software packages. In addition, the main intent of the Palm OS was as a Calendar and electronic phone book. Because of this, I only run third party software packages such as NF Ballistic Targeting Software on the Pocket PC's or desktops.

9. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Dell Axiom 30 works well

10. jimmym40a2

jimmym40a2 Well-Known Member

I use the tds recon and it is a tough price of kit. YouTube - Total Recon-TDS Handheld Computers
    and also use the Kestral 4500 weather meter to support it. You can find the recon on ebay from 300-800 depending on features.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  11. hshunter

hshunter Well-Known Member

I run mine on a palm tungsten e
    nmhunter

12. motrapper

motrapper Well-Known Member

Does any one have an old Exbal program that runs on CE.NET or know where i can find one would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    sid