Nightforce ballistic software

new shooter

I nead a hand held pc and nightforce ballistic sofware. Can i get it all in one place installed? Can this sofeware be put on a GPS ? I am look for something that will take the out side weatherthat an is simple to yous.

If you can find a current issue of Shooting Illustrated (NRA) I have an article in it more or less detailing the Nighforce program in the field and some other info re ballistics programs in the field.
Must warn you, it is NOT for advanced computer users, but it might give you some basics.

Sendero Man,
What I meant is that I am not very computer literate and cannot get things to happen as quickly as more proficient individuals - such as my 10 year neighbour kid, Dave King, Michael in Alaska or most of the guys here. I can get my little Dell to show nice drop charts that have worked quite well for me.

How in hell did I write an article for an NRA magazine? Because I use the little sucker a lot and can describe how it meets my needs. Plus I made a few essential calls to Nightforce and to the developer of EXBAL, plus did some interviews at the SHOT show to get good info on the Nightforce program. There are some very worthwhile fields in this program that will do good things for long range shooters. Since I don't retain instruction worth a **** I cannot whizz through the program like I would like to - but I keep tapping the screen and eventually get some of the more exotic stuff to work.

I believe it is a very useful program and trust it. Suggest you check the EXBAL website or Nightforce to determine if it will go on a Palm, I expect it will.

http://www.perry-systems.com/

Ian,

Thanks for the reply, I found it had a very short learning curve and was pleased how fast I figured most parts of the software out.... I am just a dumb Cowboy from Wyoming and I can even do it....

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I call nightforce they said that they are thinking of getting rid of there palm and just offer the pc he said they have had trouble with the palm soft where.They said go pc with dell.I assed if it heald up in out side weather he didn,t know.So i hate to get a dell if it can,t take the weather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifI just order the new Kestrel 4500 pocket weather tracker.So i nead a good out side weather proof pc with nightforce software.

Before following Nightforce's advice on a Dell computer, I'd look into it a little bit.

I do not say this because of performance or reliablility. Quite the contrary, I'm sure they produce a quality product.

On the other hand, I have started to take stock of which companies support causes I disagree with. Certainly, I can't avoid doing buisiness with every company that offends my principals, or I'd be stuck in the house all the time, but Dell, in particular, has donated rediculous amounts of funding to causes like the Brady campaign, Sen. Feinstein's election campaigns, the Violence Policy Center, and other not so popular causes around these parts.

Just some food for thought.

You can't get a waterproof pocket pc. If it rains just throw it in your pocket or something. Don't fret so much. I got the dell axim w/ the nightforce software and works like a charm.

I also have an x51 Axim. I used it for all of my hunting this year (mountains and plains) and it worked great.
I used a waterproof dustproof container that plastic window so I could use it protected if needed. Any pocket PC will work, but I got a Dell because Gerald told me that is what he has.
The only difference between the NF version and regular Exbal is the NF version only has the NF reticles in it while the standard version has other brands + NF.

Thanks fore your help.
But what i would like to know if some one has put ballisitic software on garmin GPS or magellan gps. This way i don't have to carry more than one plus it would be water proof and more rugged.

New Shooter

I believe some of the new high end PDAs can do both.

Here is one that most likely would work being as it is Windows Mobile software operating system like the Axim 30/50/51.

Pharos Traveler GPS 525+: A Windows Mobile 5 Pocket GPS with WiFi and Bluetooth

I may be mistaken but I believe it is possible to load the Pharos GPS software into the Axims.

I know a lot of the new cell phones are GPS enabled.

-----------------------------------------

I did a little more research and Dell itself actually sells the little plug-in Pharos GPS gizmo for the Axim X51

Gizmo

I can add a gps program to my palm tungesten. However its power requirements and the rechargeable battery are not that great. I carry both, and use the palm only for balistics and a little bit of solitare.

d-a

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.