Nightforce ATACR Questions

gilmillan1

Hello,

I just got a nightforce ATACR and I have some questions about it. Hopefully, someone can help.

Does anyone know in what power I need to set the scope to range with the MOAR reticle?

Also, does anyone know whether or not the MOAR reticle is accurate in every power setting? that is to say, is each line an MOA at every power? or does the value of each line change as the power changes?

I would appreciate answers to these questions. Thanks in advance.

Gil

Hello,

I just got a nightforce ATACR and I have some questions about it. Hopefully, someone can help.

Does anyone know in what power I need to set the scope to range with the MOAR reticle?

Also, does anyone know whether or not the MOAR reticle is accurate in every power setting? that is to say, is each line an MOA at every power? or does the value of each line change as the power changes?

I would appreciate answers to these questions. Thanks in advance.

Gil

The ATACR is a second focal plane scope. So for the MOAR reticle to read in 1 moa calibration the power needs to be on 25X. If you roll the power back to 12.5 X there is a dot and line to set up on and this will double the reticle value, meaning the lines will now be 2 moa. Any other power setting other than these two will require math to figure the reticle calibration.

I covered it and checked accuracy in this review. There are pics of both settings.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/nightforce-atacr-scope-review-2.php

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.