Nightforce,are they as good as I have read?

700man

I feal that I have several good scopes (Swarovski) but I want a great scope for long range shooting, are Nightforce as good as they are advertised? I am looking at the 5.5-22x56 NXS Thanks for the help.

i think that nightforce are as good as advertised. i have nightforce, ior, and mark 4's. there is no question that they are very reliable and consistant. my favoite scopes for that price range is NXS and IOR. they both are geat scopes. you wont be disapointed.

Yes, Nightforce scopes are that good. Buy the Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56mm, you will never want another brand of scope ever again. Don't let anyone tell you Leupolds are just as good, they don't even come close to the Nightforce NXS line of scopes. Don't get me wrong, Leupolds are great scopes, they're just not as good as Nightforce. Buy the Nightforce NXS Scope, A-SAP!

W.

I feal that I have several good scopes (Swarovski) but I want a great scope for long range shooting, are Nightforce as good as they are advertised? I am looking at the 5.5-22x56 NXS Thanks for the help.

How's this for tough an AK-47 bullet hole completely through the tube and the scope still function perfectly to use for 3 more days with the holes taped over.. I have looked through this scope and it was still shooting with-in 1/4 MOA to 500 meters according to the soldiger that was useing it...

NightforceAK-47.jpg

Rugged enough for you?

JWP:
I don't want to hijack here but do you have the "rest of the story" on that
NF?

1kstr

It used to be on their website, but I could not find it to link now....but the scope took a bullet. It locked the power adjustment ring, but after the guy taped the scope to keep out dust, he used it three more days until he got back. Held zero and still tracked.

I have 2 NXS scopes, both are 5.5-22x56. One has a mil-dot and the other an MLR. They are excellent scopes and for the money you can't beat'em. I too have a Luppy MK4 6.5-20x50 and the differences between the scopes are minor but they add up. I compared the two side by side at the range one day and these are some of my findings:

+ The NF seems to have a brighter more crisp sight picture.
- The NF is also much heavier and larger especially with the 4" sunshade.
+ The NF turrets are much crisper to turn, the MK4s aren't as reassuring.
Both passed the box test right on the money.
Both track perfecty aswell.

I haven't had any problems with either scope but I feel more confident with the NF, so if I could only choose one it would be the NF hands down.

Ivo

If I was rich I would buy S&B. Swarovski glass combined with bulletproof mechanics. Don't ever look through one though or you'll be hooked

It used to be on their website, but I could not find it to link now....but the scope took a bullet. It locked the power adjustment ring, but after the guy taped the scope to keep out dust, he used it three more days until he got back. Held zero and still tracked.

I don't think that the power ring was locked. I looked through this Scope at the 06 Shot Show in Vegas

NightforceAK-47.jpg

JWP475,

It surely is rugged enough for me!!! ;)

How's this for tough an AK-47 bullet hole completely through the tube and the scope still function perfectly to use for 3 more days with the holes taped over.. I have looked through this scope and it was still shooting with-in 1/4 MOA to 500 meters according to the soldiger that was useing it...

Rugged enough for you?

I don't think that the power ring was locked. I looked through this Scope at the 06 Shot Show in Vegas

Here is a scan from the NF Catalog. It seems the power ring was locked on 15X. I have 4 NF scopes and they are Very Tuff scopes. I use them mostly on tactical weapons. Very clear and crisp optics with a great field of view on low power. NF has good customer service and repairs are done quickly. More expensive than a Leupold but if its in your price range it is well worth the money.

NFHole.jpg

I bought one (3.5-15x50), and loved it.
So, I bought another one (5.5-22x50), and love that one too.
Then I bought another one (5.5-22x50), and that one sure is nice too . . .

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.