NightForce Aluminum Rings

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by cdmorten, Oct 25, 2006.

1. cdmorten

cdmorten Well-Known Member

I put some on a new rifle and 300 rounds later they're working great. I was a little nervous about the Aluminum part because they feel so light, but hey, most of my mountain bike is aluminum and it takes a beating.

Highly recommend. I'll keep you posted in a few hundred more rounds. By the way...they look great.

2. tsmiller4

tsmiller4 Well-Known Member

WHERE DID YOU ORDER YOURS FROM, AND HOW MUCH? DO THEY NOT MAKE A BASE IN THE SAME MATERIAL?

3. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

I have used several sets on my Allen Magnum rifles and they work great. Never had a problem and have been using heavy scopes such as the NF NXS.

As long as you do not over torque the screws or the base nut I suspect you will never have any problems with these rings.

I order mine from Lilja, I believe they run $150+shipping and they are generally in stock ready to ship. I think Bill Bailey has them as well.

Kirby Allen(50)

4. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

I have been using them on everything that the customer does not specify steel on. They are out standing. Jeff said they are so popular they hardly sell any of the steel ones anymore. They meet mil spec requirements but an alloy base does not in most configurations. I really like them.

5. tsmiller4

tsmiller4 Well-Known Member

Kirby, thanks for the info on Lilja, Shawn thanks for the info on the bases, I knew there must be some good reason they didnt make the bases as well.

6. cdmorten

cdmorten Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from csgunworks.com. They were $140. I don't think they make a base out of aluminum but I'm not positive.

7. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

They don't. There was talk about make some Ti bases but I think it was scapped because of cost.