Night Force FFP Scope...Availability?

Sean K.

Anyone have any word about when the NightForce NXS scopes will be available with FFP?

I'm calling the company tomorrow and just wondered if anyone knew already.

I'm looking at the 3.5-15x56mm or 5.5-22X56mm (NP-R1 or NP-1RR reticle).

Oh, and anyone know what kind of warranty NF has? I'm assuming for the money it's a limited lifetime??

Sean

Anyone have any word about when the NightForce NXS scopes will be available with FFP?

I'm calling the company tomorrow and just wondered if anyone knew already.

I'm looking at the 3.5-15x56mm or 5.5-22X56mm (NP-R1 or NP-1RR reticle).

Oh, and anyone know what kind of warranty NF has? I'm assuming for the money it's a limited lifetime??

Sean

PM sent

Scott

Last edited:
We have been talking with NF for a while about the FFP scopes and while they are expecting the scope out soon a set date has not been labeled. its a little frustrating but it happens alot in the business. It should be one hell of a scope once they release it, for sure !!!!!! We will be ordering several for stock and i got a spot lines up on my rock river for one :):)

steve

I have been told lat August early September. As for a price I was told to expect at least a $200 increase. I have been on them to make a FFP for along time. I'm really looking forward to the FFP, the turret, and the reticle.

Mike @ CSGW

Personaly I don't see the great advantage of a FFP scope. Acctualy I prefer the SFP scopes for hunting. The FFP scope reticle fades away at low power if the reticle is fine enough for long range so as not to cover too much of the target. No such problem with a SFP scope.

Yes I do own a FFP plane scope a 5X25 S&B

Shooting338Laupa003.jpg

Some of the FFP reticles can be to thin at low-end and to thick at high-end. I use an S&B 4-16x42 w/ GEN-II-XR and USO 3.2-17x44mm MPR and the reticles are not too bad for me. I like that fact I can range at any power I will mainly range at the highest power. I like the fact I can use holdovers at any power for wind and elevation, I use this a lot especially for quick shots and for multiple engagements.

SFP scopes are great for the target shooter, varmint hunter, or anything else were you need a really fine crosshair.

Mike @ CSGW

I had the Gen 11 XR reticle in the 5X25 S&B and it was not visable on 5 power. I sold it and bought the 5X25 with the P-4 Fine reticle. I like this reticle better, but the Mill markings are not useful on 5 power for me. I can see the center of the reticle on 5 power but could not with the gen 11 XR. I have heard that the 4X16 and 3X12s do not fade the reticle out on low power as bad as the 5X25 does, but I have no first had experience with those scopes.

I have used the 5-25x and at 5x it is hard to see the reticle. On my 4-16x42mm at 4x you can see the reticle ok but I have never shot with it at 4x the lowest I have gone was 6x.

I'm sure Nightforce has taken this into consideration. The NF FFP reticle I have seen looks good to me.

Mike @ CSGW

I had the Gen 11 XR reticle in the 5X25 S&B and it was not visable on 5 power. I sold it and bought the 5X25 with the P-4 Fine reticle. I like this reticle better, but the Mill markings are not useful on 5 power for me. I can see the center of the reticle on 5 power but could not with the gen 11 XR. I have heard that the 4X16 and 3X12s do not fade the reticle out on low power as bad as the 5X25 does, but I have no first had experience with those scopes.
I believe you would have been much happier with the standard Gen II or P4. They're nice and visible down to 3X, and while they may sort of "look big" at high power, with the line thickness of only 2.2" to 2.4" at 1000 yds, they'll cover up a P-dog but for anything bigger they're fine.

Regardless, different strokes I guess. Some don't like when the reticle looks thick at high power. Some don't like having to be on a specific power for holdoffs.

It'll be nice to see NF offer a FFP for the latter. More choices are a good thing for all.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.