Nice Cow

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by ilscungilli, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ilscungilli

ilscungilli Well-Known Member

I drew an either sex tag for #214, 4th rifle. A friend of mine has plenty of access on this unit and said we could hunt it. As luck would have it, we spotted this large herd in a nice pasture and put on a good stalk. I caught this one cow trying to sneak across an irrigation ditch and dropped her like a stone from about 150 yards away. It was odd, but there was this funny yellow tag in her ear, must have been some sort of DOW tracking tag. I called them and they were very rude and condescending. Nice eating BTW:

Attached Files:

• cow.jpg
      cow.jpg
      File size:
      442 KB
      Views:
  2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I assume since you are from colorado this is a joke, however some guys from wisconsin shot a llama out here a couple years ago thinking it was a mule deer....

3. T3-OleMan

T3-OleMan Well-Known Member

Nice Moo Moo!:rolleyes:

Got a trophy tail on that one.:D

lightbulbLooks like the devil been pulling on her tail.:)

4. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

What was bullet load combo? How was bullet performance? didnt ruin any of those nice steaks did ya? :Dgun)

Riley

5. ilscungilli

ilscungilli Well-Known Member

Somehow the cow managed to drown itself in a irrigation ditch after breaking through some ice. They came up to our camp and wanted help "gutting" the thing, since you can't bring it to the processor. We grabbed a couple of quarters and a back strap (using the Colorado method).

The coyotes went crazy when they found it later on.