• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED NIB BURRIS SCOPES FOR SALE

demarpaint

NEW IN BOX WITH ALL PAPERS---Burris Black Diamond Scope---- 30mm Tube 8-32x 50mm Side Focus Ballistic Mil-Dot Reticle, Matte…..$735.00 Plus Shipping.

NEW IN BOX WITH ALL PAPERS------Burris Black Diamond Scope 30mm Tube 8-32x 50mm Side Focus Fine Plex Reticle Matte $625.00 Plus shipping.

If interested please email me [email protected]

Thanks for looking....

NH, I'll take this one, they have the same internals as the previous models, that includes E&W, 39". And one more note to add, in an e-mail from Burris, they will not increase the elevation in their big scopes due to the fact they'd have to put smaller internal lenses to accomadate the increase for elevation, they feel optical quality is more important, maybe thats why they developed the Signature ring system. Which I think most people will concur with that statement.
wink.gif
Jay.

[ 05-06-2003: Message edited by: Jay Gorski ]

Thanks for the info Jay. After I posed the question, I thought to visit the Burris website... it looks like the major changes (other than the side focus of course) are they've smoothed the transition from the scope tube to the objective lens, and they've reduced the weight of the scope by about 4.5 ounces (which is noteworthy for any 1,000y BR shooters who need to make 'Light Gun' weight).

Couldn't tell if the goofy (IMHO) feature where the whole ocular assembly turned (for magnification) has been replaced by a conventional mag ring instead. In the orig BD, if you had a flip-open cap on the eyepiece, you had to keep it closed while adjusting magnification. And when you're trying to dial down for less mirage, that's a pain, 'cuz you need to peek through the scope (ideally) during the process.

Nevertheless, the Burris BD is an 'excellent' scope, competitive with the best there is, and for the price is a bargain (relatively speaking!).