NFS 5-22x50 Mil Dot

Forrest Ebert

Hello Everyone

I'm stepping up as well in my optics and have just aquired a NFS 5-22x50 Mil Dot.
So my question is for those of you that have them and used them how is it that the reticle is in mil and the clicks are moa or am I mistaking and both are in mil? I know that at 100 yards the dots represent 3.6". I'm planning on using this on my 300 Rum for this years Elk hunt and it doesn't have the zero set or hs but I really don't see this as a problem but would like to hear from you about this as well as I'll be going in on horse back for about 7hrs. to where I'll be hunting.

Thank you.

That should be pretty easy to determine. Looking at your turret. How many lines between the numbers i.e. between 0 & 1 or 1 & 2... it should have either 4 or 10.

If it has 4 it will be MOA as most NXS that offer MOA are 1/4 moa.

If it is a MIL/MIL setup there will be 10 lines between your 0-1, 1-2, 2-3 etc. Representing .10 mil or 1/10 which is what all MIL/MIL NXS are set for (that I have seen).

A .10 mil adjustment is .36" @ 100yds.... three- tenths equals 1.08" @100yds. A 1/4 MOA = .25" @ 100yds

A good number of the Leupold MK4's were Mil/Moa for some goofy reason, Mil reticles & Moa turrets... yeah, doesn't make sense to me either... I traded mine in short order:D

Hope that helps some,

Thanks for your info. I called Night Force and they told me that this is a setup for some government contracts but wouldn't say which ones or for who but the Turrets being MOA and the Reticle being Milrad. is quite common actually!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.