NF Reticle Recomendations?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by texan79, Mar 29, 2010.

1. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

Howdy LRH,

I have a question for all the NF guru's and fans out there. I'm building a 1000 yd hunting gun and have decided on the 5.5-22. What reticles do yall prefer and why?

I'm a military guy, so the mil dot makes sense to me However, I think I read somewhere that the NF mil dot is large? I'd hate to spend this kind of money and have a reticle that obscures targets. Some clarity from other owners would be great.

Look forward to chatting with you guys. Great forum.

2. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Probably the two most popular reticles are the NP-R1 (1 MOA subtension) and NP-R2 (2 MOA subtension). I have the 5.5-22 with the NP-R2 and I really like it. For me it's less busy and simpler than the R1. It boils down to personal preference.

-Mark

3. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

NP-R1 for hunting however before I'd spend the bucks your going to be laying out for a NF I would suggest you go and physically look through various NF recticles at a dealer or maybe some acqaintances you know who have the ones your interested in on their rifle/s.

5. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

+1... on the NP-R2 reticle