Newfoundland Moose

Zen Archery

71F44F1F-9A8C-4330-A8E6-AE06FD004279.jpeg

Newfoundland Moose was shot with a 300 WM and the 180 Hammer Hunter at 40 yards quartering toward. Hit where the leg meets the scapula. Went down 15 yards. Congratulations Don.

I've been to Newfoundland many times. That is the largest racked moose I've seen taken there. Most of the larger bulls are taken in the most remote, fly-in areas up north from what I've seen.

Congrats to the shooter and another fine animal hammered.
Same here. When I saw the picture I didn't think it was from NF. I have hunted NF and never seen a Bull this size and none of our other friends have seen one this big. Congrats to Zen!

I've been to Newfoundland many times. That is the largest racked moose I've seen taken there. Most of the larger bulls are taken in the most remote, fly-in areas up north from what I've seen.

Congrats to the shooter and another fine animal hammered.
I agree, most killed there are what I consider scrub bulls. I just assumed it may be because of so much inter breeding. As far as I know there were only 4 moose taken to NL in 1904. Time to introduce some more to dilute the gene pool.

I have gone twice both times with Effords Hunting Adventures. Great experience and success. This past September 3 of us went on the "Trophy Hunt". We were 3 for 3. I would recommend it. Also buy a black bear tag as well. If you want to go this year I would suggest you book something ASAP.

Recent Posts