Newest rifle(s)

I got ya. I always wanted to try the VV N500 series of powders since I've loaded for the 338wm but never have found them up here yet and I hate waiting for anything in the mail, even though I'd of had a selection by now if I had just ordered the stuff years ago. Stores up here are slow to carry alot of things in the specialty oriented variety. I just need to accept it and order the stuff I want. Let me know how the retumbo works out for sure. Good luck with the new rifle.

Brent

Tried V V N-560 powder today, 87 - 92 grains in one grain increments (don't try this at home). Velocity 2880, 2891, 2937, 2973, 3010 and 3027. The highest 3 loads produced flyers (they were VERY FAST flyers but flyers none-the-less).

I believe I'll load 88 grain of V V N-560 and try hunting, 2900 FPS is fine for now and I'll try Retumbo once I can get some.

Texas

The 338RUM is still a fine shooter and there are folks wanting it all the time (traded it to a buddy of mine). Here's a picture of the thing.
http://www.the-king-family.com/UserPages/DaveKing/DaveKingPostalTargets.html

(It's the bottom rifle.)

H1000 was highly recommended by Steve Alstadt of Prairie Gun Works, he said he is some very high velocities and able to load cases seven times with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.