Newcon vs Leica rangefinder binoculars

bobinpa

Does anyone know how these 2 compare? Which is smaller? Which weighs less? Which one has the better optics/glass? I am trying to decide between the Leica Geovids and the Newcon LRB 3000 pro. I want to be able to range out to 1500 yards confidently. Some rangfinders are rated at 1500 yds on reflective targets, but I don't consider a groundhog as reflective so I want something that will get me there on a non reflective target. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks Bob

The only comments I've seen that compare the two as well as the Swaro were from this guy:

My hunting partner just bought the Newcon LRB 3000 Pro, the thing is way more powerfull then the swaro!....

If you compare the glass of the Newcon to the Swaro and Geovid you will quickly see that they are not in the same league, I'm not saying that the Newcon are bad but the advantage is clearly to the other two but they will do the job. Also the glass on the Newcon have been tinted kind of yellow (probably to help the laser) at first it feels cheap but after a few minutes you get used to it and even liked it when used for longuer period (less hard on the eyes)

Now for the best part, we have tried the laser in the baddest of conditions you could find for a laser rangefinder (-10c, heavy sun and snow) the swaro would not range a coyote (real) beyond 475y in those conditions, the Newcon could rande the same yote at 724y!!! When the sun was down we could range small brush at 1600y, pine tree at 2941y and barns over 3000y

Over the years I have owned and tried lots of top end rangefinder (Leica LRF/CRF 1200, Geovid, Swaro) but this one is clearly the best! \:\)

In short, the Leica has much better glass, but the laser won't get it done for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.