Newcon Or Swaro

MTNRaine

Hey its me askin more questions again.:D I'm lookin 4 a range finder that will very consistently range to 1200-1300 yards. I was wonderin if newcon will do it or not. my friend is a dealer an i can get a good deal. Or should i scrimp an save until i can get a swaro?:( Unless you guys think one of the leupys will do it? Let me know your educated and professional opions.
Thanx a lot
Midget

A Swarovski will get you those distances just about each and every time.

A 2000 Newcon might get you there most of the time, base solely on what I've read.

The difference is you'll see very clearly through the Swarovski and a little fuzzy through the Newcon. Also the Swarovski is waterproof and I don't believe the Newcon is.

You can use the Swarovski RF as a monocular in a pinch and see as clearly as with their SLC binoculars, but you'll only see through one eye.

I was considering Newcon prior to making my purchase. I had Leica 1200s at the time. I read eveything I could find on the Newcons and looked through the Newcons at Shot Show in Orlando in 2007. Some people reported ranging buildings out to 2700-2900 yds with the Newcon 2000s, but I never read about those long ranges other than on buildings, which I don't shoot. I bought the Swarovskis and would again if faced with the same situation again. I wasn't overly impressed with the Newcons after looking through them and looking them over.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.