Newbie ??

dukhntr4lfe

ok fellas this is a first time long time heres the deal and all opion needed.... bought a new gun first bolt for me its the browning mountain ti 300 wsm.... i have a chance to get a leupold 6.5x20x50 for a good price will this be a good combo.... the price is good under 500 thats all i can aford for now...... the longest i comfortable shooting is 600yards... im a hunter not much of a target shooter thanks guys for all your help hope this is in the right forum
progress.gif

Size, weight, balance is all wrong with that combo. A much better fit would be a Leupold fixed 6x or a 3-9/3.5-10x40 with turrets. One will have no problem shooting 600 yards with either.....

thank you finally someone that will help me out ill look into the 3.5 i have a lupy 3x9x40 on bar 3006 and was just thinking i would like something a little bigger for my 300 is that the biggest lup. you would go with the 3.5??? thanks

For $20, I'll send you the Vortex 6.5-20x44 with BDC and it'll tear the pants off your Lupy. If you agree, I'll charge you the balance. Otherwise, send it back, no harm, no foul.

Scott

I view the system as a whole. A 5.5 lb gun works best with a scope that compliments it. I've done the light gun, big and heavy scope deal and while it works, it isn't ideal. Akin to putting Supper Swamper's on a Corvette, and 10x will get you to 600 easy....

Scott,
Does the Vortex have a BDC via the reticle or turrets?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.