ArkiePaul

Hello all, I'm ArkiePaul and new to the site. I've been reading the forum for a few months and had to join. I'm from Arkansas but have lived most my life in Ca. I'm a former Marine SSGT and retired law enforcement. I know virtually nothing about long range anything except what I've read here. I do hunt but it's all been turkeys and hogs in Ca and Javelina in Az. Looking forward to learning more! And thanks Len for the welcome.

Hello all, I'm ArkiePaul and new to the site. I've been reading the forum for a few months and had to join. I'm from Arkansas but have lived most my life in Ca. I'm a former Marine SSGT and retired law enforcement. I know virtually nothing about long range anything except what I've read here. I do hunt but it's all been turkeys and hogs in Ca and Javelina in Az. Looking forward to learning more! And thanks Len for the welcome.
First off let me welcome to the forum from Tennessee, secondly thank you for your service in both fields! and thirdly congratulations for leaving California and you're definitely in the right place to learn a little bit about long range shooting or hunting

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm not certain I will set up anything for long range. Who knows. I really like this site for all the tips I have read about reloading and accuracy at long range though. I currently shoot a factory Remington CDL 30-06. It seems to do all right for me. I had it glass bedded years ago and the barrel floated. It is very accurate and would probably be my "long range" set up. We'll see how it goes. Again, thanks.