Newbie to the site form West by God Virginia

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DCrouse, Aug 22, 2013.

1. DCrouse

DCrouse New Member

Hello All. A little bout myself...I Love my God, my Family, and my Guns. I am a Marine Corps vet. I have always been fascinated with long range shooting and currently "building" my first long range rifle (Browning A Bolt composite stalker in 300 win mag)...on a tight budget, mind you.:D I am also just getting started in reloading for :D300 wm, and 243. Any tips?

Thanks,
    DCrouse

2. waltercrouse

waltercrouse Well-Known Member

gun)

3. Skidro

Skidro Well-Known Member

What part of WV?

4. waltercrouse

waltercrouse Well-Known Member

Hello Newbie,
    I was born in West by God Virgina. Beckley,W. Va and now live in California where there is too many people and not enough hunting. I reload 243 win , my powder is RL-19 with WLR primers and nosler/comb 95 gr BT, also barnes TSX. The barnes are required in some parts of California,condor areas. I was in the US Navy and end up living here. I repair US Navy ships and their equipment.

5. gcouger

gcouger New Member

New member in northern Oklaoma

At 70 I am not a new guy that learned to shoot with a a 22 shorts only Remington 241 built on Browning's patent still being built today. I grew up in the southwestern part of Oklahoma in a target rich environment of jack rabbits in the 50's. One morning I ran over 10 in 9 miles with the right font tire on the road. We lost the control effort. Shooting 15 or 20 a day was a usual day.

The coyotes took care of the jack rabbits and got me into long range shooting with Remington 788 in Remington 6 mm. I was fine out 450 to 500 yards and that's where I ran out with out of skill in both shooting an loading.

I should have look at the old 788 and see if the bores any good after all these years. I put up everything else right. I just haven't got to it yet because the stock is cracked.

Gordon

6. gcouger

gcouger New Member

New member in northern Oklaoma

At 70 I am not a new guy that learned to shoot with a a 22 shorts only Remington 241 built on Browning's patent still being built today. I grew up in the southwestern part of Oklahoma in a target rich environment of jack rabbits in the 50's. One morning I ran over 10 in 9 miles with the right font tire on the road. We lost the control effort. Shooting 15 or 20 a day was a usual day.

The coyotes took care of the jack rabbits and got me into long range shooting with Remington 788 in Remington 6 mm. I was fine out 450 to 500 yards and that's where I ran out with out of skill in both shooting an loading.

I should have look at the old 788 and see if the bores any good after all these years. I put up everything else right. I just haven't got to it yet because the stock is cracked.

Gordon

7. DCrouse

DCrouse New Member

Skidro, I am from Lincoln county