Newbie to site!!!! Some direction required!!!!!!

cycbb486

Trying to do this the easy way. I was invited over to this sight because I am interested in Richard Graves Wildcat bullets. I was told I can get a lot of info here. I guess to start out what is the concensus on the bullets? I am getting a 10 twist 6BR done. Would like to try his 90gr match bullets. Where can I find the BC's of the bullets.

One of the reasons as well for trying his bullets is that I am from Canada. If his bullets are good I will not have to get match from States side. Nothing against States side but less hassle.

Calvin
Brandon,Mb
Canada

cycbb

Do a search on wildcat bullets. Richard is a top notch guy and a pleasure to deal with.

His email is [email protected]

He is busy farming now so if you don't get a response for a day or so that is why.

Cycbb486,

I have been fortunate enough to get to know Richard Graves pretty well over the last year or so. He has been an integral part in the success of my family of wildcat rounds, 257 Allen Mag, 6.5 Allen Mag, 270 Allen Mag and the soon to be released 7mm Allen Mag.

I was so impressed with his bullets that I asked if he would be willing to build bullets especially for the Allen Mags and since then we have been acheiving ballistic performance that is simply unheard of in all of these caliber families.

I use his bullets exclusively in these wildcats and the custom rifles I build for them and have total confidence putting my name on a rifle shooting his bullets.

As far as the B.C. of his bullets, Richard does not have the time to ballistically test all the bullets he offers for sale. As such, he recommends that you test the bullets out of your rifle, in your conditions as this is the only true way to get accurate B.C. numbers.

I will tell you that they will produce higher B.C. values then nearly any other bullet in same weights offered by anyone else.

I have range tested the Wildcat Bullets used in my Allen Magnums extensively and will tell you that you will not be disappointed with the B.C. his bullets produce.

Are they magic bullets, no. But they are extreme quality, high B.C. bullets that generally shoot extremely well in most rifles.

I understand many Canadian BR shooters are getting excellent results with his bullets in matches already.

As Matt has correctly stated, Richard is taking a few weeks to get his fields seeded and ready for the growing season.

Send him an e-mail, generally he will respond very quickly but during this time of year he may be a bit slower in replying. Be patient, he is a wealth of knowledge and a great guy to talk and work with.

If his bullets did not shoot very well in your 6mm I would be suprised!

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I will give you my opinion and some advice. #1 the bullets he sent me ( 200 .224 and 100 .284 ) have been very accurate and are consistent in their measurements. Try them I'm sure you will like them!! #2 As far as B.C goes dont ask because it is only predictions by his die makers at this point. There have been a few tests done by members here and some have found the predictions to be close and I've seen another forum that had a member do tests on them in another caliber and said they were off by a good margin but he said they still outshot other brands he had used. I will say that the general feeling about his bullets here is good. They have proven themselves to me enough that I just placed another order with him for 400 more in two different calibers. He is a great man to work with and talk to as well but it's already been said he is very busy seeding right now and it may take him a day or so to answer. Try them and make your own opinion. Kirby you just beat me with your reply. We must have been typing at the same time

Thanks for the information guys. I am really puzled that I have not heard of his bullets until now. How long has he been making bullets and selling? I have not heard them mentioned around the range at Brandon. This might change with me or not. Might be my own little secret!!!!!!!!!
<font color="blue"> </font>
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Calvin

Cycbb486,

Here are some pics showing why I use Wildcat Bullets:

271920.jpg

This group is out of my 270 Allen Mag using Richards 169.5 gr ULD loaded to 3300 fps out of one of my Extreme Sporter rifles. 5.5" for 930 yards is not to bad in my book from a sporter rifle.

253475.jpg

This is out of the same rifle using fireforming loads at 500 yards. This is my personal best 500 yard group as well.

253442.jpg

This again out of a sporter rifle.

241905.jpg

This is the main reason I trust Richards bullets. These are .257" bullets. From left to right, 130 gr Wildcat FBHP Bonded Core, 156 gr Wildcat ULD RBBT and 100 gr Partition.

I told Richard what I was building in my 257 Allen Mag and wanted a bullet to allow this huge 257 to reach its full potential. The 130 gr bullet is built on a very heavy jacket to survive the 3650 fps velocity with a B.C. of .520 which at this velocity offers higher ballistic performance then any conventional hunting round out to 600 yards.

THe huge 156 gr ULD was a project specifically for the Allen Mag to provide extreme range performance with its B.C. of .820 and velocity potential of 3350 fps.

This is what I mean, he will design a bullet for your needs and truely is not happy until you are happy with the results.

Give them a try and see what your rifle things of them.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I dont know how long he's been doing it but he's good at it!! Give him a shout and I bet he will be more than happy to help you out!! He is truely a great guy!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.