Newbie from NJ

out scoutin'

Hello to everyone...newbie here with a little long range hunting experience, but would like to get into more long range target shooting. I currently shoot a 338-06 Rem 700 with a Shilen barrel, topped off with a Shepherd scope for big game rig, and a Winchester Featherweight in 257 Roberts for my everything else rig......I am considering a 6.5 something or other for my long range rig.
I am considering the 6.5-06 as sort of a dual purpose rifle (hunting/target) in part for I favor long actions... I know this may be a hinderance when it comes to the target end, but I like seating out the bullets as far as possible.(Bergers)
Counting down the days until I can retire from this state and move out west!

good shootin'
johnny

Welcome to L/R/H. Theres alot of guys with alot of experience and information here that are willing to share. While I have 0 experience with a 6.5 cal anything,(exept a .264 win mag) I have hered of wonderful accuracy at extended range with a 6.5-06. Bring it up on the main page under something like Rifles/bulletsbarels/balistics column, and start a thread. It probably wont be long till you have an abundance of answers and opinions and options.......you get the idea. Good luck. I look forward to reading your posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.