Newbie from Arizona

Chief1942

Am developing an interest in long range shooting/hunting and of course came across this site. I'm beyond the age that I can reasonbly expect to be proficient at this game so will probably just enjoy the escapades of others. Am a retired firefighter of 30 years in SoCal. Now live in the mountains of central Arizona. Don't even have a stop light in town so you can imagine the joy that came with the change in locale. Do hunt the critters with both rifle and bow but have to be reasonable about the distances so i can stay in the ethical harvesting range. Was on the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing rifle team back in '62 but never competed, only trained. Wish I had the faculties today that I possessed back then. :D Look forward to learning even if i can't participate.

No reason you can't join right in. Good optics, good bench and a heavy rifle and you should be able to do just fine.

Welcome to the site!

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.