New XP-100 7mm SAUM by Mac's Gun

Well if we did a switch barrel switch bolt it could be what ever the heart desires. Maybe even a Chey-Tac.LOL
Thanks for all the compliments guys.
GOD BLESS,
Mac
I might be a little crazy.but not that crazy:D

Ernie,

I hope that you bring this gun for the "show and tell" event at the shoot in Sundance. This would be a good time for a public thank you for the conversation and advice that you gave me. I was in Gillette about six weeks ago and Ernie was gracious enough to give me an hour or so of his time over a cup of Starbucks. The conversaton varied across many facets of long range pistol shooting, and I learned a lot. I am looking forward to the "Cold Turkey
Shoot".

Dan

Hi Ernie,
Nice XP, what barrel length are you useing to get 2759 fps with the 162 A-MAX?
WHERE did you find a xp bolt with a mag. bolt face?

Hi Ernie,
Nice XP, what barrel length are you useing to get 2759 fps with the 162 A-MAX?
WHERE did you find a xp bolt with a mag. bolt face?

This rig was intentionally set-up with LR in mind and the barrel is a smidget under 18".
You can just open up the bolt face of your existing bolt or get a new bolt for the mag bolt face.

I used the 7mm SAUM XP for a benchrest match last week and used it at 500 yards.
I was prone in the dirt with my Harris bi-pod and small rear bag. I made the shoot-off, but came in third.
I missed a wind change that would have put me in second, but I still don't think I would have got first place.

I was pleased that I am shooting this gun from the prone position to be competitive with others while they are shooting from the bench.

I also used this XP for the roving field course and tied for first place with it.
Again, Chuck @ Mac's Gunworks has outdone himself on this one!

I also used this XP for the roving field course and tied for first place with it.
Again, Chuck @ Mac's Gunworks has outdone himself on this one!
Thanks Ernie, you guys mean alot to me with all the help and support. Without people like you my gunshop wouldn't be where it is, I promise that especially after being robbed last summer. Thanks to everyone who has stood by me with my shop and those that have helped to get me closer to putting my feet back on the ground.
GOD BLESS all of you,
Mac

Ernie :
I shoot an xp in a 7mm08....it looks like the 7 SAUM gun set up will a 7 saum cartridage work with the bolt I have for the 7-08 ? what type of trigger are you using.? looks like a post of some sort... timney... or does it use the existing linkage for the xp...

Would like to convert if possible.. Thx ernie ps. what is he max harvest range of the 7 saum on mule deer I have hunted Cheyenne and Larmie in the past 16 yrs great country....

It is a Dell trigger (Dell Taylor).
They do not have a safety, so you MUST carry the gun unloaded.
Mine are set somewhere between 3-6 ounces.
I have 4 of them, that is how much I like them. Use them on a 284 Win, 6.5 Leopard (WSM), 7mm SAUM, and then my fourth one will go on a 223 (In process).
You will need to take the escutcheon off of the Rem XP trigger linkage and use it with the Dell. It is sort of a like a "U" shaped piece at the front of the trigger that attaches to the recoil lug.

IF you already have a 7-08 XP, did you want to keep that barrel? Length? Twist?
Were you planning to rebarrel?
A 284 Win, say with a 18" barrel will give you about as much MV as a 7 SAUM will with a 18" barrel when using 162-168 weight bullets.
You would not have to open up your boltface of your current bolt or purchase a new bolt for the SAUM head.
The head of the SAUM is larger than the 7-08, while the 284 Win has the same size.
If you have more questions, you can call me: 307-257-7431

Ernie :
I shoot an xp in a 7mm08....it looks like the 7 SAUM gun set up will a 7 saum cartridage work with the bolt I have for the 7-08 ? what type of trigger are you using.? looks like a post of some sort... timney... or does it use the existing linkage for the xp...

Would like to convert if possible.. Thx ernie ps. what is he max harvest range of the 7 saum on mule deer I have hunted Cheyenne and Larmie in the past 16 yrs great country....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.